- Are you a retired Steelworker? Stay active with the union through the Steelworker Organization of Active Retirees (SOAR).
SOAR is open to all United Steelworkers retirees, their spouses, widows or widowers.
• You'll stay connected, maintaining friendships and making new ones.
• You'll know where you or your local chapter can turn to for assistance.
• Your voice, along with thousands of others, will have an impact on decisions affecting retirees.
• Your concerns will be heard at our union's district, national and international conferences.
• You'll have access to group insurance for retirees, including home, auto and travel insurance.
SOAR meets monthly on the last Tuesday of the month at 25 Cecil Street. Contact Elaine at 416.977.7274 to get involved.
Chapter 1 Invites You To Join
Monthly Update: January 30th, 2018
The meeting opened with the role call of officers, all Present with the exception of the President Brando Paris who was on Vacation.
There was a social update given: there were 2 upcoming tentative events discussed 1. A Fallsview casino trip in April
2. A dinner theater in August or September.
Details will be worked out and reported on at the next Meeting.
Financial report was given by Treasurer Linda Urquhart, it was M/S/C
There was also a request for the annual $50.00 Donation to the Heart and Stroke foundation, it was M/S/C.
Linda also mentioned the annual walk that the president Brando Paris did for the cancer society. It was decided to have discussions on that when it is brought up by Brando.
The correspondence from Doug Macpherson ( National Coordinator for Soar ) on the unifor situation at the CLC.
With no further business the 50/50 draw took place and the meeting was adjourned and lunch was served.
Soar Chapter 1
Monthly Meeting and Events for 2018
Tuesday January 30th , 2018 11:00am Monthly Meeting
Tuesday February 27th, 2018 11:00am Monthly Meeting
Tuesday March 27th, 2018 11:00am Monthly Meeting
Tuesday April 24th, 2018 11:30am Spring Luncheon
Tuesday May 29th , 2018 11:00am Monthly Meeting
Tuesday June 26th, 2018 11:00am Monthly Meeting