- Are you a retired Steelworker? Stay active with the union through the Steelworker Organization of Active Retirees (SOAR).
SOAR is open to all United Steelworkers retirees, their spouses, widows or widowers.
• You'll stay connected, maintaining friendships and making new ones.
• You'll know where you or your local chapter can turn to for assistance.
• Your voice, along with thousands of others, will have an impact on decisions affecting retirees.
• Your concerns will be heard at our union's district, national and international conferences.
• You'll have access to group insurance for retirees, including home, auto and travel insurance.
SOAR meets monthly on the last Tuesday of the month at 25 Cecil Street. Contact Elaine at 416.977.7274 to get involved.
Chapter 1 Invites You To Join
Goodbye to a Soar Brother and fellow Activist
Rest In Peace
Mike Seaward was a wonderful guy who spent his life championing the underdog. He was a working class activist down to his very core. He felt deeply the injustices of the world and would never shy away from a challenge. If there was a fight to be had and the cause was just he was there. He loved his union, the United Steelworkers, and always strove to make it the best union it could be, representing the interests of the members. He gained the respect of all who knew him. He looked for the best in others and gave the best he had. He was a true working class hero. Mike was an Activist, a Brother and first and always a friend and will be sorely missed